Re: 3D waterfall

данила фадеев

Hi Simon
From wishes for the future - I would like to see wide-band 3D panoramas, several megahertz wide. I think the guys from Aaronia are very good at this and raised the bar. I'll just leave a link to their software if you don't mind. At one time, I was very impressed by their 3D constellation diagrams! This is a huge field for creativity, may the force be with you, I hope we will see amazing things in the Console.

Без вирусов. www.avast.ru

пн, 5 июл. 2021 г. в 19:26, Matthias Bopp <matthias.bopp@...>:

Hi Simon,

what might be nice is a function to support browsing in stored I/Q-files using the 3D-waterfall function.

Kind regards

Matthias

www.dd1us.de

Von: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> Im Auftrag von Simon Brown
Gesendet: Montag, 5. Juli 2021 18:25
An: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [SDR-Radio] 3D waterfall

Bart,

It’s something that has to be written to know whether it’s of any use. Now that I have it I see how I could have an optional 3D interface in the main tuning window – spectrum and waterfall combined. I’m not planning this for 2021 but am keeping it in mind. It would be super-funky 😊 .

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bart AA7VA
Sent: 05 July 2021 17:15
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] 3D waterfall

I find it interesting, and played with it for awhile.  Wasn't sure where in the band, or band width, was showing, but comparisons with the waterfall soon rectified that.
One thing that might help, the background noise (noise floor) does not match that in the waterfall it seems.  I need to adjust the waterfall to see the noise a bit to help in locating signals on the 3D - maybe some freq numbers, or other locating device could be added?  And/or a slide to adjust the background noise level in the 3D separate from the waterfall one? Using the "Auto" button on the left of main panel makes the 3D have zero background to help see the weak signals, so the suggested slide or a bit more gain in the base 3D setting may be of assistance.
Looks like a nifty addition, not sure if I will use it a lot, but interesting to play with.
Thanks for the toy Simon!

--

- + - + -

Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Join main@SDR-Radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.