From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of jdow
Sent: Sunday, July 4, 2021 5:52 AM
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Recordings Stuttering

Depending on what you want to do the "expensive" route is a card with more than one controller on it. By controller I mean a device that speaks to the computer busses directly say via a PCIe socket. I do not mean a controller followed by a hub to split it into for USB 3 sockets. The four controller card I have (closer to $300 than $100) has four controllers so I could in theory have four USB 3.1 transfers going on simultaneously at very near the peak speed capability of the four USB 3.1 busses added together. The limit would be the PCIe bus I believe. With that running a pair of AirSpy R2 devices at full 10 MHz is easy. If OTHER aspects of the computer could support it a pair of R888s at full 64 (or so) MHz wide sets of samples could be processed at the same time. (That might be sufficient to get my computer to roll over and die, though. If not I have disks I could put on the other two USB ports to capture the data. I don't think that would work, especially after the speculative execution slowdowns in the current INTEL kernel downgrades due to security vulnerabilities.)

{^_^}

On 20210704 03:28:39, James Niven wrote:

So, with a little googling, it seems I can add a usb card to my desktop computer with usb3.0 ports, this may be a solution.