Re: SAQ 17.2 kHz QRV today

Gedas

Hi Dave and thank you for that snapshot of the transmission. It is really neat to see a look at the spectrum from the "other" side of pond of many of the signals that we jump up and down for when we see their faint trace on the waterfall.

I was going to ask you if you wanted to try something for fun......after sunset would you be willing to start out at 10 kHz and slowly tune up in frequency until you hit around 150 kHz and while doing so have SDRC make a video of your screen? You could keep your loop fixed in one direction, say, E-W etc.

I am thinking a slow scan so it takes 4-5 minutes to complete. Then post that video on your Google drive or dropbox etc so others can download it to scrutinize.

After a day or so you can of course delete the MP4. But this way we, far, far away can see what signals are present for you after the sun goes down. I would be more than happy to do the same for you (or anyone else) if you wish. I think it would be a fun way to hunt for signals and take advantage of another awesome feature in SDRC. 73

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT

Gallery at http://w8bya.com (under repair)
Light travels faster than sound....
On 7/4/2021 4:24 PM, D R via groups.io wrote:

For those who missed it, this is what it looked like during the warm up phase before the second transmission: a bit wobbly, but not bad for its age!

Received near York on an HF+ and a Wellbrook LFL1010 loop.

Regards,
Dave