Re: SABR Micro, DAB+, 3D

jdow

Indeed. For his background musing er music something small like SDRSharp used to be is your tool. Call it maybe DABSharp. Fire it up in the background, probably on the cheapest NUC he can get. Hm, I have a collection of junkers around here (former theme park ride vehicle audio playback devices). Some of them still boot. So what if they are XP machines? I did say "old" sdrsharp, didn't I?

{^_^}

On 20210630 05:03:36, Siegfried Jackstien wrote:

only 8km away ?? then you do not need a big antenna like your lopper (but seems to be a good wideband solution)

a paperclip poked in an rtl dongle should work (for your local receive)

for dab"dx" you need a good vhf yagi for around 200 megs but you sure know that

... while talking about antennas ... is your feed mounted ?!? (pulling your leg a bit)

greetz sigi

Am 30.06.2021 um 13:44 schrieb Simon Brown:

Probably I’ll develop as a plug-in as I have the radio interface available. Once working I could then make it a standalone program but that’s quite a lot of work.

One reason for DAB+ is I then have the classes available for future work, also I can listen to Jazz FM (UK) and also play DAB+ when we get good Tropo.

Currently using a nice 100 to 600MHz log periodic, am only ~8 km from the transmitter.