Re: Severe storms at KA1GJU Superstations!

Michael.2E0IHW

Kriss, don't fall asleep :-)

We are due to get UK fibre-optic to the house. Obviously no future worry of surges
on overhead copper phone wires, but does exposure of glass-fibre  to close lightning strikes
give rise to any concern?

As our power lines are also overhead, I will continue to unplug the router psu
when Thor approaches.

Also:  unplugging the psu will disconnect  the fibre link to the ISP.
Will there be delay and/or reduced download data rate as the ISP
resyncs on reconnection?

Michael UK

On 30/06/2021 23:11, Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU wrote:

Just had VERY close strike just north of us (about 1/4 of second delay of BOOM), so far... no damage to my gear.
Luckily we have fiber optic to house, no stinking coax from street!

73 Kriss KA1GJU