Re: Wax condensers

Oguzhan Kayhan

In Turkish we have both words..
kondansator (condenser) and kapasitor (capacitor) both used regularly..

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 3:33 PM John Cliff <g0wxu.jmc@...> wrote:
Hi there to all readers. Just love it to think that all those Micro Henry Farads are evaporating in those old condensers due to them being rented out as cars. I stabbed a finger the other day with a no1 pozi driver and it still hertz, ups wrong spelling but it still hurts, good job it was posi and not Phillips. They are a tad sharper.Hi Hi . de John - G0WXU.

On Wed, 30 Jun 2021 at 00:55, Robert Lorenzini <bob@...> wrote:
As it should and our biggest mistake was not following through on converting to metric in the 70's.
 We did at work making sailboat sails and it made everything so much easier and logical.
Bob - wd6dod

On 6/29/2021 3:24 PM, jdow wrote:
And Hertz rents cars. Cycles Per Second denotes frequencies.

{O,o}

On 20210629 15:17:42, doug wrote:

On June 29, 2021 at 4:35 PM "militaryoperator via groups.io" <Military1944@...> wrote:

Hi Allan

Is this posted in the correct group??

Just asking as I expect alot on here will have NOOOO idea what you are
talking about..

Simon

Ah modern technology and its users.

Real pity such knowledge is thrown away for a handful of program lines.

Ben

A LOT of people are not going to know what he's talking about. The word "condensers" has not been

used in the United States for about 70 years. We've been calling them capacitors since the 1950s.

--doug, WA2SAY, retired RF engineer