Re: Receiver Changing Frequency - Feature or Bug #bug

jdow

Surely you do not have tools->options->tuning->Adjust the display frequency to make visible checked, do you? That's a shot in the dark, to be sure.

That said this was a live problem I had back in the early days of 3. Simon seemed to have fixed it; but, I am running a more serious machine today than I was then. So that change could have affected it. When I had the problem it seemed like it was a race between fetching data and changing focus receiver.

{^_^}

On 20210629 14:30:33, Dennis Matzen wrote:
Simon, you brought up an interesting point. That is of double-clicking. I am pretty sure I am not doing this but it does not exclude my system is doing this. A faulty switch on my mouse could do this or I thought, being I use Chrome Remote Desktop most of the time, it could be my environment.

So I did some testing.

1. What happens when I intentionally double-click when I select a receiver.
  • When I do the receiver is selected and then the frequency changes to what seems to be the frequency of the spectrum where my mouse pointer is over at the moment of the second click. So this means the frequency shifts slightly.
  • The problem I am having is thaw the frequency does not shift slightly it changes to the frequency of the one of my other receivers. I assume, but cannot confirm, it is that of the last selected receiver. It acts like a copy / paste function.
  • What do you think should happen if the user double-clicks on the receiver select button?

2. I wanted to make sure this was not related to the Chrome Remote Desktop Access I typically use. And that is not hardware on one system.
  1. Used my desktop I normally access via Chrome Remote Desktop from the local keyboard / mouse. Console running on desktop. Receivers change frequency.
  2. Used laptop #1 with both wireless mouse and build-in mouse. Console running locally on laptop. Receiver changes frequency.
  3. Used laptop #2 with both wireless mouse and build-in mouse. Console running locally on laptop. Receiver changes frequency.
  4. Accessed desktop, using Chrome Remote Desktop, from both laptops. Console running on desktop. Receiver changes frequency.
So I do not believe this is a double-click related issue.

Let me know if you would like me to run any other tests.

Thanks again for the great software.

Dennis
KA6FUB