Re: SDR Console to PlutoSDR, no TX on one PC, fine on another??

Chris Wilson

Hello Joanne, (got it right this time) ;)

Sunday, June 6, 2021

It turns out NOT to be anything to do with SDR Console at all, at least as far as I can tell Joanne.

I THINK I have fixed it. A very odd problem. I tried swapping the ethernet cable to a second port on the main satellite PC and suddenly I could transmit again. Why I have no idea. And why it even has two ethernet ports I do not know, either, one is just marked Ethernet, the other IBM Ethernet. I seem to recall having to load two different drivers for ethernet on this IBM motherboard, too.

The Pluto, pre amp and PA are back outside in a box under the dish, so I can't say if basic USB connection for TX is also working again. I don't want to mess with it :)

I then swapped the ethernet cable back to he original port on the main PC, and it also worked again there. Maybe the connector plug contacts were tarnished, who knows?

I would like to know what was going on, as I am concerned it will occur again, but for now all seems OK and I have had two nice contacts on SSB with excellent reports. Bloody computers!!

Thanks for the reply and take care.

Best regards,
Chris 2E0ILY mailto:chris@chriswilson.tv

j> Show pictures, full size with as much of the settings as
j> possible showing. Be sure to show both the TX and RX panes as
j> well as everything else. Your description of the problem
j> leaves too many things unsaid for Simon. (Does "no TX" mean the TX
j> pane is not showing? What levels do you have set for microphone and drive? And so forth.)

j> The forum (https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/)is
j> (supposedly) the place to go for quicker help.

j> {^_^}

j> On 20210605 06:29:27, Chris Wilson wrote:
j>
j>
j> 05 June 2021

j> Running SDR Console on two Win 7 64 bit PC's one a laptop, the
j> other a desktop. Both RX'd and TX'd fine to QO-100 using both USB
j> and ethernet connections to a Pluto SDR, locally and remotely.
j> Suddenly no TX at all from the desktop, but RX is fine. A seemingly
j> identically set up SDR Console on the laptop triggers the Pluto to
j> TX fine, via USB or remotely at the dish via ethernet and a USB to
j> ethernet adaptor. The satellite hears the signal fine. I am
j> testing the Pluto with a pow meter on the output when checking the
j> none working PC, it gives zilch out. Laptop gives expected power. Same cabling used in both tests.

j> I have spent hours on this, reloaded SDR Console, deleted and
j> recreated definitions, everything can think of. The laptop is old,
j> slow and struggling, but it does work. Can I send a log file from
j> both PC's anywhere please? How best to create them so as to be of
j> most use and relevance? Any words of wisdom as to what else to try please? Thanks!

j>
j>
j>
j>