Re: WinRadio for at least 15 MHz Instantaneous B/W

Jim Smith G0OFE

Would be interesting to see lab tests on the RX888 front end.

Far better than the Duo or S3?   Really?

Need help with SDR Console? If you have a problem:
Go to https://www.sdr-radio.com/support
Please follow instructions in that link.
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.

On 21/05/2021 00:11, Guy Atkins wrote:
It's not a WinRadio, but the RX-888 provides 32 MHz demodulated bandwidth (or less, your choice). At less than $200 it's an attractive option; mine installed easily and has worked flawlessly. It has a very robust front end, too-- FAR better than the FDM-Duor, FDM-S3, and RSPdx that I've compared it to.

The RX-888 is a "cottage industry"/one-man-band product and doesn't have the support of a full fledge company like WinRadio, but at it's price it has amazing value. Works gangbusters with SDR-Console too! (Thank you, Simon!)

I don't have a need for any bandwidth greater than 2 MHz, but in tests with my "budget" gaming laptop I've done 32 MHz demod AND recording IQ WAV files simultaneously to an external HD without hiccups or slowdowns.