Re: AirSpy R2 Setup with SDRC V3

Max Mucci, N5NHJ

Hello jdow,
I don't really understand why you jump in any discussion, sometimes without a clue about what is the topic.
Do you have an R2? if yes tune a carrier, change the frequency, click on center (the pop-up control panel which appears over the panadapter zone) and please confirm the carrier has moved.
I have reported it as a bug few weeks ago, it has noting to do with GS locking (yes, my R2 is GPS locked) or with moon Doppler.

----------------------
73 de Max, N5NHJ (I8NHJ)

Phase lock it to GPS and the unscheduled wandering frequency should end. But, the Moon moves relative to your location so you get frequency shift there, I am sure you know.

{o.o}

On 20210421 08:45:39, Max Mucci, N5NHJ via groups.io wrote:

Re: [SDR-Radio] AirSpy R2 Setup with SDRC V3
Hello Frank,
I've been using the R2 for 70 cm EME with excellent results (the only issue I have found using it with SDRC is the frequency shift after centering the signal in the panadapter).
You want to play a bit with the Radio panel controls, what I've found working quite well for me in terms of sensitivity and SNR is:
Gain: Sensitive/17
LNA: 17
Mixer: 20
VGA: 19
Visual: -30

73 de Max, N5NHJ (I8NHJ)

I am doing a TransAtlantic 144Mhz VHF Signal project this summer and plan to use the AirSpy R2 OR an SDRPlay RSP2 as the Receiver monitoring Eu FT8 VHF beacons.

I have used both of these before but it has been a couple of years .  The SDRPlay RSP2 appears to be working and the noise floor is approximately -120dBm on 6M.  (VHF antennas not erected yet).  A weak test signal is being received.
The Airspy doesn't seem to be working.  The noise floor is -95dbFS and no test signal can be heard.  What can be the issue?.

If I run the Airspy using SDR# I can't hear anything.  I am not familiar with SDR# so I must have not installed it correctly.  Is there a procedure to setup the Airspy to work in SDRC V3?

Frank VO1HP