{^_-}

On 20210413 14:17:15, Chris Wilson wrote:
Hello Paul,

 Monday, April 12, 2021

 Thanks for the kind words, I am not ashamed to ask about anything I do not have the knowledge to surely answer myself, no problem.

In fairness to Jane (and I assume you're talking of jdow?), I have my e-mail package highlight all her posts in orange, and have been doing this for MANY years. She has taught me a great deal and I respect her knowledge, age and the fact she freely agrees she can be grumpy ;) So her abrasiveness is something I have come to find amusing and I willingly accept it for the info she imparts.  In comparison to some other mentors I have come across, parental, at school, and in later life, she's a pussycat :)

All the best Paul, take care. And you Jane ;)

Best regards,
 Chris    2E0ILY       mailto:chris@...

pn>
pn>
pn>
pn>
pn>  Chris    2E0ILY
pn>
pn>  I have enjoyed following your thread with Sigi on this subject.
pn>  Please feel free to ignore James Hunt and ask other questions as they come up.
pn>  It is how we all learn.
pn>
pn>
pn>  Paul N2EME
pn>
pn>
pn>
pn>

pn>
pn> From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on
pn> behalf of jdow <jdow@...>
pn>  Sent: Monday, April 12, 2021 5:53 PM
pn>  To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
pn>  Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Can an RTL dongle be made to show
pn> correct frequency in the console on QO-100??
pn>
pn> Study how a superheterodyne radio works. Then you can probably
pn> answer your own question and figure out why
pn>
pn>  {o.o}.
pn>
pn>
pn> On 20210412 05:01:15, Chris Wilson wrote:
pn>
pn>
pn> Hello Siegfried,

pn>  Monday, April 12, 2021

pn>  OK, it's working now. What I was expecting was after restarting
pn> the console with the new definition applied (and I had already
pn> enabled the 99.9 GHz option box) was it to restart on the closing
pn> frequency, but showing the correct scaling. When I did just what
pn> you said below, I see the satellite band, but I can also see it
pn> tuning back down around 739 MHz. Is that right Sigi? Thanks for the idiot proof instructions ;)

pn> Best regards,
pn>  Chris    2E0ILY mailto:chris@...

SJ>> in radio definitions add the 9.75 gig downconverter

SJ>> in general settings change max frequency to 99.9 gig (another digit to
SJ>> display)

SJ>> now tune to 10.489 g

SJ>> done

SJ>> dg9bfc sigi

SJ>> ps stabilisation with psk beacon is another thing ... first get the base
SJ>> setup running

SJ>> Am 11.04.2021 um 23:51 schrieb Chris Wilson:

pn>
pn>
pn>
pn> I got my dish up this weekend and pointed at QO-100. It gives a
pn> good signal just using an RTL dongle for RX and alignment and
pn> testing. But it's now near 1.00 AM and I have to give up on
pn> getting the Console to show anything but around 740 MHz when
pn> listening to the satellite. I may well be being dense, but I now
pn> need to ask, is it indeed possible to make it show the real
pn> frequency? Nothing I have tried changes the displayed frequency at
pn> all. I am using a Bull's Eye LNB (LO 9750 MHz, output 739 to 1950
pn> MHz). I made a definition showing down converting, frequency
pn> 9011MHz, for example, but nothing changes... Tried many other stabs at this. Thanks.

pn>
pn>
pn>

pn>