Re: Pluto QO-100 and SDR Radio- changing ref frequency question

Simon Brown

Well,

Let's see, at the moment SDR Console only knows about 40Mhz.

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris
Wilson
Sent: 08 April 2021 14:53
To: Simon Brown <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Pluto QO-100 and SDR Radio- changing ref frequency
question

Hello Simon,

Thursday, April 8, 2021

Thanks Simon, my take, which may very well be wrong, is you can inject most
any frequency into the Pluto instead of using the stock xtal oscillator,
(you remove, or bypass the xtal oscillator), and in the firmware you tell it
what new frequency you are injecting and it does "magic digital things" to
use the new frequency.

My hopefully soon to arrive set up from the Czech Republic sends 25Mhz
through a special Bias T to the Pluto, derived from a 10MHz GPS locked
source. It also sends this to the LNB to lock that.

I am confused whether SDR Radio needs to be told of this or not, somewhere
in your great software's extensive menus was mention of the 40MHz reference,
although I can't just find it again right now, which worried me as to
whether it would be happy with the Pluto receiving a 25MHz source. It did
not appear that changing the 40MHz figure was possible...

Going to take a Paracetamol and reflect :)

Best regards,
Chris 2E0ILY mailto:chris@chriswilson.tv

Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.