Re: Connected radio tuning problem

Siegfried Jackstien

maybe you need a different ppm correction PLUS setting if frequency a bit different

set if 5 kc higher or lower and correct then the ppm value that you are backin sync (try out in what direction)

so in principle your setup works ... but is not finetuned correct

greetz sigi dg9bfc

Am 05.04.2021 um 09:53 schrieb Richard Ebbs:

Hi,
I've set up my TS-480 to SDR-Console v3 via HRD/Omnirig, it's all working fine. The radio tracks the software etc.
I'm using an RTL v3 dongle and it's working fine too.
The problem is, that when I click on the signal in the software, it jumps to that signal, you hear that signal through SDR-Console audio, then the radio jumps about 5kHz too far. You briefly hear the signal I've clicked on, but then the radio tunes too high! I'm in IF Mode (1st IF =73.095MHz).
I did have to apply a 195PPM adjustment to match the RTL frequency with the Radio displayed frequency.
Am I doing it right, you click on a signal, and the radio tunes to it?
Any ideas?
de Richard G0MIE