Re: Memory Scanning

Gedas

Hello Max. Thank you kindly for replying to my question. You were the only person. I really like this program and it was just something that I was hoping to be able to do. I understand when there is just one hard working developer trying to put out 1000 fires.

BTW, I stayed up till 3:30 AM after I got hooked listening for NDB's <g>. It was a lot of fun and reminded me of how much fun I had as a SWL 50 years ago with my SB313 hi-hi. TU agn 73 !

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT

Gallery at http://w8bya.com (under repair)
Light travels faster than sound....
On 3/23/2021 5:34 AM, Max wrote:

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 07:14 PM, Gedas wrote:
How does one scan the frequencies I have entered into, say, bank 1?
Hi Gedas

There is no scanner on SDRC yet. It is on Simon's "to-do" list. Think he said may possibly be added later this year.

As a sort of temporary alternative, you can set up multiple receivers and even view them all simultaneously in the Receiver Matrix, then use squelch to silence inactive channels. You can have up to 24 receivers running simultaneously, and groups of 24 can each be stored as a "Favourite". To store batches of frequencies Favourites is a lot more powerful than Memories in the parameters they store:

https://www.sdr-radio.com/Favourites

Sorry, I know it's not the answer you wanted, but Simon is just one person and SDRC is a truly brilliant program for SDRs. The truth is that possibly the majority of users of SDRC (I'm going by the average type of question asked in the Forums) are radio amateurs using it for transceive operations, so scanner possibly not highest on list of the average user's priorities, but it's worth hanging around as new features are added all the time.

Best

Max