Re: General #pluto #sdr-consolev3

Phil Hazelton

Hi
Thanks for the reply.But what I was really asking is, if I use a sdr dongle without transmit capability, does it disable the SDR console transmission function?  I just want to familiarise my self with all console settings even though I know I can’t really transmit.

On 16 Mar 2021, at 16:00, Phil Hazelton via groups.io <philhazelton@...> wrote:

Hi,
probably asking the obvious. I am getting to grips with the functionality of SDR console, currently using a RTL-SDR dongle, with the long term aim of a PLUTO running a QO 100 ground station. Can someone confirm I cannot access satellite and transmit functions on SDR console because the RTL dongle does not have transmitter capability?

Thanks,
Phil G8PJH