Re: Graphic Card

Max

You are correct Jim. Display Port can daisy chain monitors (or use splitter box if monitors only have one DP socket).

1650 Super has Display Port 1.4a so single display port can run two 4k monitors at 60Hz refresh rate. For lower res monitors (or 4k at lower refresh rate) it can run more of them, plus a monitor on each of the two remaining ports, DVI and HDMI.

See here:
https://www.pcworld.com/article/2030669/hdmi-vs-displayport-which-display-interface-reigns-supreme.html

If you want even more, there is an Asus version (at a price!) of 1650 Super with 4 monitor connectors, which are two HDMI and two DP 1.4:
https://rog.asus.com/uk/graphics-cards/graphics-cards/rog-strix/rog-strix-gtx1650s-o4g-gaming-model/spec/

Another vote here for 1650 Super. I have the EVGA version and can testify is excellent. As others have said, don't go for the "non-Super" version. It is not the same card at all despite the similar name.

Max

On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 12:33 PM, Jim Smith G0OFE wrote:
I'm not an expert, but I think I read somewhere that you can daisy-chain display port monitors to run more than one from the same port?