From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@SDR-Radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of jdow
Sent: 15 January 2021 10:25
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] SDR operated with a noise source

Until you calibrate it there is no way SDRC can be thought of as being calibrated.

Without a thorough of what Simon is displaying you cannot take the spectrum levels as meaningful.

Without an even more detailed knowledge of the S-Meter function you cannot track it back to anything meaningful, pretty much the same as your average rice box. (I have managed to completely fool Simon's S-Meter tool by 20 dB or more. Unless he changed it the tool is merely a "keep the bloody ignorant hams whining about wanting an S-Meter shut up.)

SDRC is very pointedly not a measurement system giving precise readings of power. And it probably cannot be converted into such a thing without a gawdawful amount of work.

But, you are welcome to try.