Re: Audio Distortion - Cannot Decode FT8 #airspyr2

jdow

The AirSpy R2 is not rated for use at 24.915 MHz. Do you mean Discovery or something?

Visit the forum. I believe somebody had this trouble and got it working by fiddling the settings of the toy that fits between the SDR software and WSJT.

{^_^}

On 20201204 10:44:59, Mike wrote:
Using an Airspy R2. Computer is Dell Tower,Intel 10th Generation Quad I,Graphic Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660T,Memory (RAM) 32 G,Windows 10 Pro

Test case 24.915 MHz ham radio FT8 frequency and WSJT-X, V2.2.2

Received audio to speaker or virtual cable is mushy/distorted. The audio spectrum of received signals on the WSJT-X waterfall appear mushy and poorly defined. Signals will not decode. Changed SDR to an SDR-IQ. Signals are clearly defined on the WSJT waterfall and all signals are decoded.

I have tried reinstalling the software and adjusting all the settings I can find but there is no change. Does anyone have any suggestions? I purchased the Airspy R2 for weak signal VHF/UHF meteor scatter and Es propagation. I have jpg picture files of the V3 screen, WSJT-X Airspy window, and the WSJT-X SDR-IQ window but I don't know how to attach them here.

Thank You
Mike
K7PI