Re: A PSA for you fellow SDR users!

Steve KH6CT

Hi Siegfried...

I'm interested in your wireless speaker-mic, more specifically the interface between the speaker-mic and the radio.  I purchased one of these  https://www.cobra.com/products/cabtcb4  but have had no luck in getting it to communicate with the FTdx3000.  The Cobra unit comes with a small Bluetooth module which has a short cable terminating in a 4-pin connector.  I cut the 4-pin connector and installed a Yaesu 8-pin connector to get the xmit voice into the radio and also connected the other two pins to the external speaker on the radio to get audio into the Cobra's earpiece.  No luck at all.

Any advice you may have on why it all doesn't work would be appreciated.

Thanks, 73, Steve KH6CT