Re: Attention: Recent users of my KA1GJU @ W1WQM server

Simon Brown

Ah,

Was OK this morning. A non-tight connector could do this. Great servers you have, I listen from time to time.

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU
Sent: 17 October 2020 14:50
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Attention: Recent users of my KA1GJU @ W1WQM server

I have two separate locations running the port of 50101.
One here at my home QTH, and one at the PCARC clubhouse. The PCARC I noticed had some weird QRM and noticed all signals were rather weak.
Might be a loose UHF connector, those darn things loosen up over time if only wrenched on by hand. Time to drive by and check the antenna out in the woods, it's next to the shooting range, so doesn't get too many people monkeying with it!
This site has a Stridesburg Multi coupler and a receiver front end protector inline, due to a being a club station with numerous HF transmissions possible.

Although this AM (after our first heavy rain in MONTHS), it seems to be OK:

73 Kriss KA1GJU