Re: Auto mute - SDR protection

Ken Alexander

I have need for one, but if I was to order one I'd pay the service department at whatever shop I bought it from to open it up, check it out for bad solder joints and proper functioning before they ship it.

It saddens me that I would have to go to that kind of trouble and expense to insure I have a functional, reliable unit.  But, I live 12 time zones away from my remote station so it's necessary.

73

Ken
VE3HLS
So Phisai, Thailand
Blog:  bueng-ken.com

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020, 20:46 DXer <hfdxmonitor@...> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 02:31 AM, John Elliott wrote:
I have purchased the MFJ 1708B... , but is it working ??. or just presume it works , until the $100 + SDR unit dies , indicated by the smoke
Reviews are all over the place, so hard to say.

73 de Vince