Re: Change of course on user support

Simon Brown

Larry,

The reason for the forums is so I can provide support and also have a knowledge base. Despite my pleas I get many direct e-mails asking questions which have already been answered in this mailing list, this chews up my time.

There’s quite a high noise level here – interesting noise but it means I lose posts, don’t always see requests.

So this list *will* continue, but the forums will be the first goto-site. I’m trying to get a close integration between the two. You can click one link in the forums and see all new posts etc.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry Ewan
Sent: 19 August 2020 14:03
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Change of course on user support

Forums make it SO MUCH HARDER and more COMPLEX for regular users who have functional email and skills to use it.  They turn the focus to the programmer (in this case a damn good one) and essentially blow off the user (customer) with more to do than live on a keyboard.  To me this is a disappointing change in the course of the best software support I have experienced.  The next step seems destined to be “all support will be on the forum”, which is why I no longer use several good programs, one previously owned by Simon.

Larry N9JY

Join main@SDR-Radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.