Pluto - Issue with 'Manual' RX-Gain setting #adalmpluto

Jean (DJ0VL)

Hi,

With Pluto RX-Gain set to 'Manual' (default gain 50dB, visual gain -30dB), the initialization seems to fail from time to time when starting the radio (either after program start or after stopping and restarting the radio, as shown in the screenshot). The overall gain is then significantly lower, either manual gain must be rised to maximum or visual gain must be set to around 0dB to get a spectrum/waterfall comparable to the default condition. Changing RX-gain to something else than 'Manual' does not show the issue. Manually changing the RX-Gain leads to the same issue. I have to power-cycle the Pluto in order to recover to normal usage.
Looking at the logfile, I see two error entries "Radio PlutoSDR> Error writing Channel attribute voltage_filter_fir_en = 1, error 22, Invalid argument" and "Radio PlutoSDR> Error writing Channel attribute hardwaregain = 50, error 95, Unknown error", but unsure if there is a relation to these error entries.

This occurs with console 3.0.24 as well as with at least 3.0.23. There is also no difference in using the bundled libiio.dll (which seems to be v0.17) or using the current libiio.dll version 0.21.

Is there a workaround apart from not using manual RX-Gain setting?

73 Jean DJ0VL