Re: SDRC Issue below 2 or so MHz

George Stein - NJ3H

I would like to thank everyone who responded with ideas and suggestions.  This group's members are always so quick to jump in and help.  I really appreciate that.

It was indeed the auto mute setting.  Not sure how it got set, but obviously I hit it somewhere along the way.  There are so many features of SDRC, that learning what every thing does, I sometimes just don't know exactly what they do.

Again thanks to all.  enjoy your weekend.

Regards,
George, NJ3H
Redmond, Oregon USA

On Friday, August 7, 2020, 09:31:13 AM PDT, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Auto Mute!

Ribbon bar, Home, Wideband DSP disable Auto mute. Strong MW stations are muting the rx.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Crosbie G6PZZ
Sent: 07 August 2020 17:14
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] SDRC Issue below 2 or so MHz

You are right, George. This is odd. The only thing that springs to mind is the antenna.

Are you feeding both receivers from the same antenna? Is it maybe an active antenna that has a fault and cutting off below 2MHz?

Or do you have a filter or something in the feeder?

Perhaps try a wire or whip directly into the receivers?

Can’t think of much else.

Sounds more hardware than software but check filter settings in SDRC to be sure. I don’t have these radios, so this is conjecture on my part.

Good luck hunting this one down.

73 Tom G6PZZ

Nr Chesterfield | NE Derbyshire | UK | IO93he

HF250 | Sentinel 4 | RSPdx | RM50 | TR2 | ATS 808

15m MLB | MTA | D707

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of George Stein - NJ3H via groups.io
Sent: 07 August 2020 16:57
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] SDRC Issue below 2 or so MHz

Greetings,
Something very odd this morning.

When using SDRC with the Perseus or Elad S2, there is no signal (spectrum and waterfall below about 2 mhz.  Both radios work fine with their native software.

You can see what happens in the video as I tune below 2 megs.

Any thoughts for what is happening.  I have rebooted and tried what I think are the normal type solutions.

Regards,
George

Attachments:

Join main@SDR-Radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.