Issue with "Ghost Audio" when using with RSP2 #rspduo

bigtalk1233@...

I'm using the latest 64-bit version with Win10 and RSP2, but I noticed this problem starting in version .18.
The issue is that there is always some kind of a ghost receiver (for lack of better term) running in the background. That is, I can always hear the rectified audio of the entire received spectrum playing through the speakers when SDR Play is processing, and it's volume depends on the incoming signal strength. What I hear is a quiet, bandpass filtered AM audio of all the visible stations clustered together. It is so strange that its hard to describe.

It makes no difference what I do with the receiver, I can mute it, change it to output to a different sound card, close it out altogether, it doesn't matter the background audio is always there. When I switch to a different kind of SDR, the problem goes away, it only happens with the RSP2 starting in version 0.18.

Thank you Simon for your assistance and creating this otherwise very brilliant software.