Re: Edit of Audio Files

jdow

Take a backup copy of hte file you play with then experiment. "What does THIS control do?" Software blowing up a computer with spitzensparken and all that stuff is Hollywood special effects. I only ran across one computer that had a "DETOMATE" instruction in its assembly language. "This function has no return." It meant the Minuteman missile warhead was sent the electrical signal to explode.

In recent years I've found that all I need is a backup of the file I am modifying. In the past it was fairly easy to cause a BSOD that required resusitative efforts on a computer. Over time you had to work more and more seriously hard to do this. On this particular computer I swear the level of software closest to the machine's USB hardware had a "crash randomly" instruction. Eventually ASUS found the problem and fixed it. At least the problem went away with a "keep your computer secure" BIOS update. Since then - no problems. So I fee safe recommending "play with the controls". Don't wonder "what does this or that control do?" Try it and find out. Worst case stop the program, restore the backup of the file you're playing with, and start back up.

{^_^}

On 20200804 00:53:24, George Stein - NJ3H via groups.io wrote:
I need to correct what I said above.  The video I mentioned enough was not made by Simon, but by DK8OK.  It really helps to use a large screen and not a cell phone sometimes.
In the video (https://youtu.be/ZRs3P-rH19o), DK8OK uses the Analyzer function of SDR Console.  It was with this program that he was able to trim the 24 hour recording down to a specific frequency range.
I will look for documentation on the Analyzer portion of SDR Console.
I will do some reading if a recorded file can be trimmed by time also.  Don't know yet how much documentation is out there for this topic.  Perhaps if someone has any detailed instructions, they could post a link.
So my question now is:  Is there the capability to trip a file recorded by SDR Console based on time or frequency.  It looks like DK8OK was able to take care of the frequency part.  What I don't know is if he was able to re-save that excerpted file as a file readable by SDR Console.
Regards,
George