Re: Output of HL2 is interrupted while switching TABS in browser

Christian Veith

Hi Anton,

I can confirm this behaviour on my old, fairly old, win7 machine (core2quad processor) when switching tabs or refreshing sites.

As Simon wrote, modern browsers are resource intensive. Just take a look how much ram they consume nowadays...

Run only necessary tasks when doing TX. Try it with just Console and MSHV open.

Best regards

Chris DL5CV

Am 3. August 2020 18:48:12 MESZ schrieb Simon Brown <simon@...>:

Hi,

Makes sense – browsers can use a LOT of CPU and will do so. Very simply – don’t mess with the computer while sending, or get a computer you can dedicate to radio.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Antoon, PA3BWE
Sent: 03 August 2020 05:31 PM
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Output of HL2 is interrupted while switching TABS in browser

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi,

I just noticed a weird phenoma which I cannot explain, hopefully someone can help me:

When I'm TXing in a digital mode (MSHV <-> VAC <-> SDR Console) and switch to another TAB in a browser (Chrome / EDGE/ TOR), the EXTTR output of HL2 is shortly (10 - 20 mS) interrupted. It doesn't happen all the time but about 30% of the times I tried.
I never noticed this before since the transverter I use (144/28) doesn't have any relays, this weekend I connected my PA (having coax switches) and noticed the clicking relays.
After connecting a scope I clearly see the short interruptions of about 10 - 20 mS, sometimes 2 within 50 mS.

Has anyone seen this before?

Antoon / PA3BWE

Vy 73 de DL5CV

Join main@SDR-Radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.