Re: Discriminator Output

Ryan Butler

George, I don't have SDRC in front of me currently as I'm at work, Using WFM should get you what you need, you can also use NFM and under the receive tab click the drop down on 'Narrow FM' and uncheck 'Highpass Filter'.  Either should work but both should be checked.

Expand your IF Display panel on the left side and click the little bar graph on the top left of it next to the mute button of your slider to make sure the horizontal axis is 0-3k2 and verify on your received signal you're getting audio all the way down near 0, that it doesn't stop at like 100 Hz.

Double check your squelch setting and make sure it's not squelching, I see you have your receive set to 99 but your volume bar is very small like maybe the signal is squelched?  Most of the time for P25, DMR, EDACS and SmartNet I don't need to have the level over 50 for good decodes, and my slider bar shows more audio at50  than you are getting at 99.

Otherwise, everything looks correct to me in SDRC.

Ryan, NF0T

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 3:47 PM George Stein - NJ3H via groups.io <nj3h=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Ryan, Thank you for your reply.

The attached pictures show SDRC and Unitrunk.  Not seeing much.  Am I still not set up correctly?

By the way with TrunkView, I get an error message at the bottom that says whatever input is not muted.  Not sure where to go with this problem.  Picture attached called TrunkView.  This message appears quickly before the red X in the lower left corner of this picture.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,
George, NJ3H
Redmond, Oregon USA
DMR ID:  3141315
AllStar Node:  49246
EchoLink Node NJ3H-L:  3135
Hamshack Hotline:  5050

On Friday, July 17, 2020, 12:31:10 PM PDT, Ryan Butler <rbutler@...> wrote:

Discriminator output, at least within the context of Unitrunker and TrunkView really just means unfiltered audio.  If you use WFM or NFM and turn off any low pass filter/etc associated with the mode so that you get a spectrum from near 0 to 3k you'll have what you need.

Ryan, NF0T

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 2:19 PM George Stein - NJ3H via groups.io <nj3h=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
In using an Elad S2 with SDRC I am wondering is there an option for discriminator output?

I am trying to decode using UniTracker and TrunkView.  Apparently one needs to use the discriminator output.

Regards,
George

Attachments: