Re: Choose which Nvidia GPU to use if multiple GPUs are present. #feature

2 x 8k monitors,

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of jdow
Sent: 09 July 2020 09:20
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Choose which Nvidia GPU to use if multiple GPUs are present. #feature

scary indeed. I'd be scared trying to think if a "better way" to visualize the data. 500 MHz on a UHD screen with ten full width spectrum spans is still more than 12.5 kHz per pixel.

I think I'd try for 8 screen widths and discard some cruft off the edges to use a 32768 FFT for full width visualization and then mixers and decimators to get regions that need higher resolution. Even with "many" such spectrum chunks it might use less processor and still give full information and flexibility.

That said, a display system that could display say a single pixel for each bin of a 536,870,912 bin FFT would be......... impressive. By then the resolution of the human eye limits the ability to grasp information.

{o.o}