Re: Very Pretty!

jdow

R390A please. Skip the R390. The A version is the gold. The R390 only captures silver.

Aside from that, stop digging around in my mind. (I figure with some shaft encoders, a NUC, an AirSpy HF+, and SDRC I could emulate the R390A with something almost as much fun to use.)

{^_-}

On 20200703 00:04:56, Bill Walch wrote:
Putting this in context, to a recording engineer (of which I am, among other things), vintage hardware is gold, even if its not 100% up to scratch. I've had this discussion with others, and part of the "nostalgia" of vintage recording, includes hiss, hum, etc., in an effort to reproduce the "sound" of bygone era's. Of course, these are VST plugin's of virtual instruments that don't exist in real life. In our hobby, SDR is the closest analogy to virtual radio.
As someone suggested (in their next lifetime), Simon's next iteration of SDRC could be a virtual Collin's R390. Boy, that has so much possibilities, adding virtual CRT scopes, that glorious "eye", etc.
On 7/2/2020 7:02 PM, Siegfried Jackstien wrote:
or in other words you can produce the biggest rubbish ... as long as it looks good you can sell it :-)

greetz sigi dg9bfc

Am 02.07.2020 um 19:58 schrieb Bob Dengler:
At 7/1/2020 10:34 PM, you wrote:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=28&v=JTXpwq2Cq6s&feature=emb_logo>https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=28&v=JTXpwq2Cq6s&feature=emb_logo
Having dabbled in desktop music myself, I can tell you that musicians seem to be easily impressed by fancy GUIs almost more than the performance of the virtual instruments.  You could make the world's best audio processor but if its GUI consisted only of standard Windows controls no one would buy it.

Bob NO6B