Re: Tech info

Nathan

June 25, 2020 9:28 AM, "Simon Brown" <simon@...> wrote:

There's a new consumer / SWL SDR coming this year with 50 MHz alias-free
bandwidth, so it's safe to assume that at some stage we'll have more than that as I've seen 500 MHz
bandwidth from some pro / military SDRs. With a 500 MHz bandwidth using the GPU is a must.
Simon,

Interesting - can you recall the name of said forthcoming 50 MHz SDR? It would be top on my shopping list for sure!

Also, not knowing anything about GPU API's, I notice SDR Console supports NVidia but not AMD for offloading. I assume this was either because of market share, time, or maybe AMD have a crappy interface (or a mix of all three). Just curious really.

Thanks,

--
Nathan