Re: Yet another video about the R2 GPS locked Receiver

Siegfried Jackstien

finding the clock should be easy ... but replacing it is difficult in some sdr (depends on size and distance to other parts)

and sure such moddings is not for 85+ years old ... nearly blind ... and with a tremor (just kidding)

greetz sigi dg9bfc

Am 18.06.2020 um 15:12 schrieb Ray, W4BYG:

Sigi,
Thank you, but with surface mount components that is not a real easy job, especially with no schematic and component layout.
Ray, W4BYG

On 6/18/2020 14:55, Siegfried Jackstien wrote:

with a bit of solder work you can sure add external ref in to any receiver

throw out clock and add an sma socket

dg9bfc sigi

Am 18.06.2020 um 13:23 schrieb Ray, W4BYG:
David,
Thank you for the info.
Ray, W4BYG

From: Ray, W4BYG

I see from the videos what can be done with a GPS locked receiver, but how do you get the R2 locked?  I have an HF+ and Airspy TS tells me there is no way to directly GPS lock it.
Ray, W4BYG

Ray,

The R2 includes a 10 MHz GPSDO input which you can lock with a device like:

 http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=107&products_id=301

(also available in the USA).

How?  Switch off, connect GPSDO, plug in.

The HF+ series don't include an external lock input

73,
David GM8ARV

--
They say a smart person learns from their mistakes.  A
wise person learns from the mistakes of others.