Re: Low noise floor

David J Taylor

Hi,

I have upgraded my Airspy HF+ Dual Port and Airspy HF+ Discovery to firmware to version 3.0.7.

Since then I have an “improbable” low noise floor.

I suspect the frequency calibration file of both devices are now corrupted.

Both devices were connected to the pc when the firmware upgrade was done.

I have reinstalled SDR# and SDR Console v3, but it seems to me nothing changes.

There is a way to recreate a new calibration file?

Regards

Francesco – IN3XZP

For frequency calibration see:

https://gist.github.com/jj1bdx/ce9eb3bd7320eed76396669a25f27e29

I would try with SDR# in the first instance.
You did cold-boot the devices after updating?
You did use the correct firmware for the two devices (BB or CD variants)?

David GM8ARV
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv