Re: Easiest/cheapest way to 6m/2m/70cm?

Tom Crosbie G6PZZ

Max

“…2m and 70cms I have a little nostalgia for because used to go out portable for VHF NFD with my local club. High locations and 4CX250B linears….”

Now that wipes away the COVID 19 Cobwebs and brings back memories of VHF NFD’s in the early 80’s on top of the Wrekin.

I was quite active on 2m/70cms SSB I those days home and /P. I used to enjoy playing with antennas and the home station included a MET 14 ele on 2m and a pair of MET 17s stacked for 70cms.

I’ve not owned/used a TCVR for many years, partly because I can no longer afford the gear and can’t get up ladders to play with antennas. It was bad enough having to pay someone to put up the SWL antennas I do have. So it back to the hobby that started me off five and half decades ago. I see a lot of callsigns in SWL circles these days. Do we all go back to our roots?

73 Tom G6PZZ

Nr Chesterfield | NE Derbyshire | UK | IO93he