Re: CW Skimmer decoded bandwidth

Max

Sorry Alan.... did not check the author on that item! Thanks for your comments. Yes, of course. I see now (the IQ theory) but not why there is a 24 kHz restriction. For me personally it's not a limitation. I've got more than I can cope with in 24 kHz! But I guess would be nice to see a table of all stations active in a larger window as far as DX or contesting goes. I never actually thought of using it that way as I am not a major DXer or contester, so I am learning too.

73

Max

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 03:24 PM, Alan wrote:
ays "A simple way of using CW Skimmer with a Softrock would be to use it stand-alone in this way 192KHz can be seen with a suitable soundcard. "

But by the design of Skimmer "*/when in "Softrock IF" mode CW Skimmer defaults to 48KHz sampling. It is only possible to see 24 KHz bandwidth."
It is a long time since I wrote that page but it does say that 48KHz may be seen if the output of the SDR program can be set to 96KHz as can HDSDR. I guess I tested that.

I did talk to Alex about this, it can not be changed. /*Dick Williams, W3OA made a utility to enable 192KHz and full control but only with Softrocks.

73 Alan G4ZFQ