Re: Off Topic Request

jdow

Note that there is no standard SDR interface.

The x to 6GHz front ends that come to mind are "if you have to ask how much they cost they are not for you."

The ADALM-Pluto officially covers up to 3.8 GHz. It uses the AD9363 transceiver chip which appears to be an AD9361 that did not meet full specifications. So it MIGHT work, after a fashion, up to 6 GHz if you get a lucky break on the chip in any given ADALM-Pluto. (Some of the old ones had a real 9361 in them. But you'd have to find somebody who wanted to sell such a box in full working order on E-Bay or something.)

{^_^}

On 20200529 13:20:51, John S Henry - KI4JPL wrote:
Hello All,
I have an odd request, if not permitted, then please remove... thanks.
I have an application that uses any one of a handful of different SDRs, e.g. RTL-SDR, SDRplay RSPduo, HackRFOne, etc. etc.
But, I want to extend the receiver coverage to include up to 6GHz.
I do not need a transmitter, just a receiver.
Does anyone know of a receiver only SDR that follows normal standard SDR interfacing that covers up to 6GHz?
I know the HackRFOne and the bladeRF 2.0 do go up to 6GHz, but I don't need a transmitter, nor the extra cost of it.
Thanks in advance,
73, KI4JPL
John