Re: LimeSDR Noise Spike

Tony_AD0VC

When making a screenshot, it is desirable to avoid cutting anything off. In your case you have trimmed off the outer edges of the SDRC window to show only what you think is important. The bottom edge of the window includes useful status and the top and sides often contain settings. Knowledge of this information is often critical to reproducing or otherwise figuring out what is going on. So, if you use the screenshot tool (the little camera icon) in SDRC you will always get a full capture. Do not edit it and always attach it as a file instead of embedding it so that the tiny text is legible.

Tony

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Richard Miller <rmiller@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2020 7:25 AM
To: main@sdr-radio.groups.io <main@sdr-radio.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] LimeSDR Noise Spike

It’s nothing more than a screen shot taken of what I saw after adjusting the gain settings and calibrating. No evasive editing whatsoever. What “material data” are you looking for. I can generate more of these if there is something specific you would like to see.

Rich, AJ3G

> On May 12, 2020, at 12:59 AM, jdow <jdow@...> wrote:
>
> i give up - that is not a usable image. It looks like it's had material data edited out of it. Check the gain settings is all I can suggest. I'm dropping this.
> {^_^}
>
>> On 20200511 16:52:58, Richard Miller wrote:
>> See attached file.
>> Rich, AJ3G

>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of jdow
>> Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 7:11 PM
>> To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
>> Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] LimeSDR Noise Spike
>> Full size picture.
>> Full size picture.
>> Full size picture.
>> It appears your email program is incapable of embedding a full size picture as a full size picture. So you must attach it as a file.
>> {^_^}
>>> On 20200511 13:20:59, Richard Miller wrote:
>>> All:
>>>
>>> I now this has been discussed before. Enclosed I have included a screen shot of Console V3 and my LimeSDR. I just moved back into my old QTH after not being here for a couple of years, so I am working with real antennas and not signal generators!
>>>
>>> I distinctly remember solving this noise spike problem where I used to live, and I have followed the procedure listed on the home page. I changed the Visual Gain and Gain per the recommendations, and performed the calibration. Upon completion of the calibration I still get a very noticeable spike.
>>>
>>> I feel like I must be missing something, but after playing with this for an hour, I thought maybe someone could see how I am screwing this up.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Noise_Spike_LimeSDR.PNG
>>>
>> Noise_Spike_LimeSDR.PNG
>
>
>

Join main@SDR-Radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.