Re: More Identities

jdow

Hm, refreshing my memory a bit. The AppData per identity data is basically "finding the fool thing on the computer's hardware topology" plus a curious bit of data or two. VisualGain="0.00000000000000000000", to a ridiculous level of precision" is one of them.

The registry seems to reprise the find me stuff and adds a limited number of receiver settings as well. I am not sure if it stores converter options in there or not as I don't use the converter mode currently.

There may be a data tidiness issue with all the duplications between
appdata and registry. But - it ain't strictly speaking broke so why fix it now?

{^_^}

On 20200512 02:27:05, Christian Veith wrote:
Yes these are the definitions. But in this definitions file is no special configuration contained. These settings are stored in the windows registry.
Am 12.05.2020 um 08:24 schrieb jdow:
They are also stored in the individual identities. I was going to say what you just said until I remembered what I had seen in appdata in my last foray into the roaming SDRV3 folder and found one of these per identity, SDR-Console-RadioDefns.xml. I am not sure which takes precedence for which parameters. (And I am too lazy to exhaustively test.) I do know that I have different radios defined in each of my identities.

{^_-}

On 20200511 22:51:20, Christian Veith wrote:
Thanks for the tip, but that wouldn't be possible.

The hardware configuration of the radios is stored in the Windows registry and the approach chosen is indentity independent.

Please take a look on the screenshot of the registry tree of SDR Console:

Best regards

Chris

Am 07.05.2020 um 20:48 schrieb jdow:
Would you settle for allowing the same device to have two different "definitions" and names in the select device dialog? One would be set to have a converter on it and the other to be straight through, perhaps with different input/output RF port selections?

That might have better utility and fall within Simon's concepts.

{^_^}

On 20200507 08:16:53, Christian Veith wrote:
Hi Simon,

thanks for this update :) Do you think it would be possible to have different Radio settings per identity?

What i mean are the settings in this dialog:

I would then configure identity one as my Main HF identity and a second one as Transverter with slightly different settings.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Christian DL5CV

Am 06.05.2020 um 07:27 schrieb Simon Brown:

Hi,

In 3.0.23 there are four more optional identities: