Re: Question to Simon: More Identities and ability to clone them?

Christian Veith

Hi Simon,

sounds great :)

I currently copy the identity folders from AppData and the registry trees  via regedit and the Windows Explorer.

Would it be possible to have different Radio settings too? I've found that the settings are shared across the identities, filter and PA settings on Hermes-Lite for example.

Best regards

Chris DL5CV

Am 05.05.2020 um 07:38 schrieb Simon Brown:

Hi,

Actually – yes. I was thinking about adding four more, would be very easy. Cloning would take a day of so of programming.

Sent: 04 May 2020 20:13
To: Lenz, DL8RDL (SDR-Console) <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>; simon@...
Subject: Question to Simon: More Identities and ability to clone them?

Hello Simon,

did you ever think about to introduce more Identities to SDR-Console? In my case I use them (or would use more of them) for specific purposes:
1) regular operation (SSB) on QO-100
2) DIGI-operation on QO-100
3) CW-Operation on QO-100
4) WINLINK operation on QO-100
5) Experimental-Setup
6) ...

Each setup has specific waterfall-ranges, radio-settings, waterfall speeds, windows-configs, receiver-pane-settings, filter-variations, equalizer-settings and so on. I would love it to have at least 8 or 10 Identities.

What, independently from that, a great feature would be: the ability to clone one "well setup" ID to a new one to have a good base to modify it for further use. Now we have to start from the scratch when opening up a new ID.

Thanks so much for this fine piece of software you gave to us!
Best 73 de Lenz, DL8RDL