Re: Question to Simon: More Identities and ability to clone them?

Actually – yes. I was thinking about adding four more, would be very easy. Cloning would take a day of so of programming.

Sent: 04 May 2020 20:13
To: Lenz, DL8RDL (SDR-Console) <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>; simon@...
Subject: Question to Simon: More Identities and ability to clone them?

Hello Simon,

did you ever think about to introduce more Identities to SDR-Console? In my case I use them (or would use more of them) for specific purposes:
1) regular operation (SSB) on QO-100
2) DIGI-operation on QO-100
3) CW-Operation on QO-100
4) WINLINK operation on QO-100
5) Experimental-Setup
6) ...

Each setup has specific waterfall-ranges, radio-settings, waterfall speeds, windows-configs, receiver-pane-settings, filter-variations, equalizer-settings and so on. I would love it to have at least 8 or 10 Identities.

What, independently from that, a great feature would be: the ability to clone one "well setup" ID to a new one to have a good base to modify it for further use. Now we have to start from the scratch when opening up a new ID.

Thanks so much for this fine piece of software you gave to us!
Best 73 de Lenz, DL8RDL