Re: ELAD FDM S2 audio delay

данила фадеев

Siegfried, let me make a clarification about “every SDR has an audio delay” - if DSP processing is carried out directly in an SDR receiver, for example, in an FPGA chip, then the audio delay will have minimum values that are comfortable for discerning listeners. Such solutions, if my memory serves me, were implemented very
"old" receivers like QS1R. From modern, you can pay attention to products from Reuter RDR Pocket.

73
Daniel

Без вирусов. www.avast.ru

вт, 7 апр. 2020 г. в 13:15, Siegfried Jackstien <siegfried.jackstien@...>:

EVERY sdr has such a delay even on the fastest pc (yes on faster machine it is lower ... but still there)

if you wanna practice cw signs it will not work listening on the signs with an sdr ...

thats why some keyers also include a tone generator (as monitor tone for the operator) ... that tone has NO DELAY ...

the signal come into the antenna ... the data has to be processed from the pc ... and send out to speakers ... all that processing, filtering etc ... takes processing time ... so no wonder your dits and dahs come out a second later

greetz sigi d9bfc

Am 06.04.2020 um 23:10 schrieb EC4C Roberto:
Hello,

I use SDRC v3 and a fdm s2 as a panadapter of a ft1000mp mainly in cw.  I use sdr radio to see signals and ft1000mp to listen to them, i have all cw filters installed and roofing filter. Ft1000mp sounds better than sdr. Sometimes I try to tx cw on ft1000 and rx into elad, but there is an annoying delay that makes me stop. It is about a second or a little bit less. I have try to set sdr console to real time priority and more buffering, but no way. Pc is an i7 with 8gb ram and 4gb gpu. A video tells more than words https://youtu.be/WJeoUg45SMI
Tnx 73 de ec4c roberto