From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@SDR-Radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Jackson
Sent: 01 April 2020 15:04
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Console V 3.0.21 freeze ups

I have an i7 3.4Ghz with an Nvidia GPU and 16Gb of ram and it locks/stutters/lags when I'm running 2 VFOs, VAC, WSJT-X and GridTracker.

It's not my power settings, it's not thermal throttling, it's not a lack of CPU, GPU or memory (all of that stays below 20% utilization).

It's not USB bandwidth, USB 3.0 ports all 'round for a max sample rate of 768Khz with an Airspy HF+.

This is a gaming laptop, it runs Unreal Engine 4 games 1920x1080 at 60fps so it's not my hardware, it's something in Console (I suspect the WASAPI

audio, I never really had a problem until I wasn't able to switch between WASAPI to the other option that was available but has been deprecated).

I've got an archive of previous SDR-Console V3 builds as far as January 2017, I should get scientific and load up whatever oldest rev supports the

HF+ and do some comparison testing. If anyone is interested in the older builds, I can make them available.