Re: Mute audio

Siegfried Jackstien

does it matter what radio he uses?? (guessing you think about cat command)

what about using the "tx in" signal that you now use for tx with pluto or lime (and that already does tx mute)

means ... mute rx volume (like you now do with the function mute rx when txing) when external ptt is switched on

we now use "cts" on a usb to ttl adaptor (pull to ground) to switch pluto or lime to tx (and when txing mute rx volume)

if you use THE SAME SIGNAL (cts) also on "receive only" sdr ... for muting the speaker ... problem would be solved easy

no need to mess around with cat etc ... just a signal pulled to ground ...

the parts are already there (the program parts that you use for tx and muting speaker) ...

just use same signal also on receive only sdr and were set

(and i can mute my speaker regardless if i use my pluto or an rtl dongle) ...

that should make a lot of setups possible ... especially combination of a normal rig (maybe without cat) together with an sdr (be it direct in parallel on antenna or on an if out port) ... muting via "ptt signal" (ftdi chip on usb port) would be an easy solution

and you already have all parts inside your soft :-)

greetz sigi dg9bfc

Am 26.03.2020 um 04:39 schrieb Simon Brown:

Joe,

Which radio are you using?