Re: Can You Recognize This QRM Nightmare That Just Began?

Fred

Few months ago I picked up 2 8' 4 bulb lights from Home Depot for the shack.

Bad rfi on 40m through 160m.
I called Cooper lighting the manufacturer.

They sent me 2 new lights that had residential filteon them. Fixed the problem.

So when you look at lighting at big box stores they are probably not filtered.

Also I have a battery tender (brand) for my 2 bikes and it creates noise on 40m I put a timer on it for now. But will try chokes on it.

Also I have chokes on everything that enters my PC and rx and tx chokes on all my antennas.

I'll post some good links when I get home.

Fred KB4QZH