The CGNAT issue

Dave GW4GTE

Hi,
Is there any built-in solution in SDR console for the CGNAT issue when running a receiver (Perseus in my case) from a 4G LTE remote site? This is likely to remain a problem until the LTE providers use IPv6 (if they ever do)

LTE bandwidth is so cheap these days (unlimited data at up to 10mbps for under £20) it's a no brainer solution for plonking your receiver in a friendly farmer's field.

The sort of thing I imagine is the remote site acting as a client that regularly polls your fixed IP server at your home QTH. When you want to 'connect' you click 'accept poll' and the next time a poll is received the connection is made (TCP not UDP obv.).

VPNs shouldn't be needed at all other than remote management using Teamviewer etc.

Dave GW4GTE