Re: RF Clipper Diode Design

Michael.2E0IHW

That was my concern, Martin.

Even though challenging for VHF diy, further details
of the theory and practice would be appreciated.

Michael 2E0IHW

On 03/02/2020 13:38, Martin via Groups.Io wrote:

My understanding of the problem is that he is trying to receive weak FM Band II broadcasts signals in the presence of strong local transmissions.
The filters that we used were often a 1/4 wave loaded line or helical, enclosed within a metal tube about the size of a domestic fire extinguisher, and each one was tuned to a specific transmission frequency, so unfortunately it's not really a practical solution for
home use.
Martin - G8JNJ