Re: #pluto #pluto

Siegfried Jackstien

aehem ... how can it be that you do not receive your own transmission?? but have TWO frequencies where you really send??

something is puzzled there but i can not figure out what

about stability of usb connection ... yes ... do the ground mod (easiest is a short bridge from L7 to D3)

what gain and drive do you have set in menue??

and you say that you can change tx frequency (say with the mouse in numbers box) and the tx frequency plus its spurii stays fixed??

hmmm...

you use the pluto with external reference i guess??

did you check that the 40 megs HAVE TO BE SWITCHED ON when you start pluto?? maybe the frequency was not there ... tx calibration did not work ... and that may explain why there is a ghost signal ... and why tx qrg change does not work

but that is all just shooting in the dark ... NEVER have seen such a thing here

grreetz and good luck to find the fault

dg9bfc sigi

ps 3.0.18 is just before release (i guess) ...

Am 18.12.2019 um 13:35 schrieb Frank Schneider:

Hallo Sigi,

Vielen Dank fuer die Antwort,

Please explain for dummis: why must I engage the geo beacon? I don’t need it for frequency stability.

I use the Pluto for a few month now. Works fine with v3.0.15  No spurious. I put the curser over the signal I want to respond to and push the PTT. Works.

Only problem is the disconnects of the USB, in spite of the mods suggested to the grounding  in the Pluto. Aber das ist eine andere Geschichte.

Offset is off

Re the gain: That is what I mean with gain sensitivity being high.

With 3.0.15, Audio gain 60, compression 60, I need a drive setting of 75 to create a two tone signal 6dB below the beacon. No spurious.

With 3.0.17 the drive setting is 18,  the spurious are there and the tx output frequency is fixed, no matter what the tx frequency window says.

Am well aware about overdriving things. Maybe there is some default setting I have not discovered yet?

73

Frank