Re: Need help with SDRplay RSP2 reciever #sdrplay

Roger Need

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 12:53 PM, Stephen Pitts wrote:
Thanks for the feedback.

I think my RSP2 was indeed damaged by a nearby strike. The Hi Z input just seems to be completely dead. I really have enjoyed having the RSP2, so I think I am going to get a replacement. Other than the RSP2 that just sold on Ebay, I don't see a lot of sources for them, so I might just get a Duo from HRO. I got my RSP2 at Huntsville Hamfest several years ago.
Why not open up your RSP2 since it is dead on HiZ and take a look at the circuit board for obvious damage (black discoloration, blown tracks, charred parts etc)..  If it looks OK it can probably be repaired by SDRplay for a nominal charge.