Re: Airspy Discovery versus HF+. User experiences?

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

Hello Max,

    I currently have an Airspy R2 for VHF and above on a separate server temporarily, soon to be moved to another server. The antenna is Diamond X-510 up 50' (15.2m) on a 128' (39m) tower, on a 240' high hill. I have numerous repeaters on two towers, so the VHF/UHF spectrum is locally polluted at times.
My main interest is HF, if I want to listen to VHF/UHF, I could turn on one of my dozen HT's, mobile rigs, base station. I have an extra VHF/UHF antenna at the PCARC server site, so I may throw a HF+ there to give users the option, and add a Discovery or two to my fleet of home SDR servers.

73 Kriss KA1GJU