Re: S-Meter Readings

Jim Smith G0OFE

Forget the s-meter readings for a moment.. what readings are you getting in dBm ?

Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.

On 24/10/2019 07:02, George Stein - NJ3H via Groups.Io wrote:
Actually I am switching the software program between the native Elad S2 software and the Console program.  I close out of one and open the other.  There is a significant difference in signal strength reading.  The signal sounds the same, it is just the difference on the S meters that i find puzzling.  The same thing happens between the Perseus software and Console in the broadcast band.

Comparing the Elad and the Perseus, the S meter readings are the same.  It appears Console is lower by perhaps 3 S units.  Of course, I could have something configured incorrectly in Console.  I am just trying to get things set up on this end with Console.

George, NJ3H